Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Cogumelos Maravilha <co...@sapo.pt> on 2017/10/04 15:04:02 UTC

decommission mode with background compactors running

Hi list,

I've decommission a node but in the background with nodetool status I've
checked and there was 4 compactors running and simultaneously the
SSTables sent to other nodes. Is this safe or we should disable all
background process before decommission like:

nodetool disableautocompaction
nodetool stop COMPACTION
nodetool stop VALIDATION
nodetool stop INDEX_BUILD
nodetool stop VERIFY
nodetool stop SCRUB
nodetool stop CLEANUP

Thanks in advance

Re: decommission mode with background compactors running

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Streaming will grab a reference to the sstables so even if compacted they won’t be deleted until streamed - it’s safe as-is in terms of correctness, but may cause a temporary increase in disk usage as new writes happen and sstables are compacted together but old data files can’t be removed.

--
Jeff Jirsa