Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com> on 2003/04/17 01:55:12 UTC

combining remote host filter and remote address filter

Hi,

Is there anyway to use BOTH a remote host filter AND a remote address
filter in a context to limit access?
It seems that if I have both, if the first filter fails, then the whole
thing fails, and then second filter is never checked.

I want to restrict access to an app based upon IP addresses (for
machines external to our network), or to a machine in a domain for those
inside our network. Can I do this, or should I just put everything in a
remote address filter?

Also, can a remote address filter use network masks, or is it strictly
regular expressions?

Thanks

Chris