Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/04 21:24:55 UTC

KMS and ARM CPU generation

Hi all,

do we have any news when and how KMS will be compatible with the ARM CPU
architecture?

New generations of AWS compute optimised CPUs are more powerful and
cheaper. But they are based on the ARM CPU architecture.

E.g. https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/c7g/

Quote: *AWS Graviton3 is the latest generation of AWS-designed Arm-based
processors that provide the best price performance for workloads in Amazon
EC2.*

c5 and c5a is the last x64 based CPU Architecture. It does not seem we will
see a new x64 compute optimised CPU any time soon.

Thanks
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions, OM-Hosting.com
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
https://om-hosting.com - Cloud & Server Hosting for HTML5
Video-Conferencing OpenMeetings
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Re: KMS and ARM CPU generation

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
from mobile (sorry for typos ;)

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022, 04:25 seba.wagner@gmail.com <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> do we have any news when and how KMS will be compatible with the ARM CPU
> architecture?

I believe these questions should be asked at KMS Google group
Afaik they doesn't care much about modern oses
This Aldo might be true for arm :(