Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2003/10/03 11:23:40 UTC

dynamic query and dynamic result

Hey,

I'm trying to do dynamic query where I don't know columns names or
ammount.

SQL: SELECT * FROM table;

I can't use <esql:get-columns /> becaues it returns reuls in difficult
to handle format:

<sql:foo>value</sql:foo>

What I would like to is this:

<column name="foo">value</column>

or even:
<column>
 <name>foo</name>
 <value>value</value>
</column>

WHY like this? It's difficult to say in XSLT to say <xsl:value-of
select="/$element_name" /> .. it's easier to say <xsl:value-of
select="/column/name = $name" /> (or somethign like that)

I tried looking from mailinglists, but what I found, that many have had
the same problem, but could not find the answer.

Using cocoon 2.0.4

- Joose

--
Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>  GSM: 044 561 0270