Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org> on 2021/01/04 19:25:30 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Ratis as TLP

HI Ming,
Thanks a lot for the reply and suggestions.
Yeah since it was not mandatory, we did not fill that form. If you have
specific questions on that, I can bring the points here.
Yes, name-search approved: Please find the JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-160

Yes, you are right, we have actually started discuss and vote thread in
private@ratis first. Then I started vote thread directly. I should have
started from discuss. However vote thread passed. I believe in vote thread
also usually people can raise concerns if there are. Since it was passed in
vote thread, I thought that should be ok. If DISCUSS thread also needed, I
can run that too, but it may be odd after vote thread passed ;-)

Regards,
Uma

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re57bc4c8e38a8e28c7b2b2f96342a93c65276fee88d8d0ef59468a54%40%3Cdev.ratis.apache.org%3E

> Thanks,
> Ming Wen, Apache APISIX PMC Chair
> Twitter: _WenMing
>

> Uma gangumalla <um...@apache.org> 于2020年12月24日周四 上午8:43写道:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > The Apache Ratis podling community discussed and voted to graduate as a
> > TLP.
> > Please see the vote reference threads below: [3] [4] [5]
> >
> > Apache Ratis project is a very active project and the community has
grown
> > well by following the Apache way in the process. It produced several
> > releases by having diverse people as release managers.
> > I and the community strongly believe that it's ready for graduation.
> > Please let me know if you have any feedback.
> >
> > If there are no objections, I will start the Vote thread separately.
> >
> > Here is the community voted and discussed text which includes board
> > resolution text:

> > Dear Community:
> >
> > Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion about
graduation[1].
> > This is a formal voting thread for Apache Ratis graduation.
> >
> > If this vote passes, the next step would be to submit the resolution
below
> > to the Incubator PMC, Then it would vote on sending it on to the Apache
> > Board.
> >
> > Vote:
> > [ ] +1 - Recommend graduation of Apache Ratis as a TLP
> > [ ]  0 - I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
> > [ ] -1 - Do not recommend graduation of Apache Ratis because...
> >
> > The VOTE will open for at least 72 hours.
> >
> > We already ran this vote[2] in a private list and it passed there with
14
> > binding votes. Here is the opportunity for all community members to
> > participate in voting and provide your feedback if any.

> > The Apache Ratis project has been an Apache incubator project for
nearly 3
> > year now. Since then the community has grown and followed Apache Way.
Some
> > highlights include:
> > * 7 releases given ( including 1.0.0 alpha and 0.0.1 alpha ) by having
> > different people as release managers
> > * 34 contributors ( from GitHub)
> > * 27 committers
> > * 1161 Jiras created, 905 resolved or closed
> > * 293 pull requests in github
> > * One of the biggest positives for this community is that most of the
> > members in this community have a lot of experience in other Apache
projects
> > already.
> >
> > Some additional note about the resolution below:
> > The current PPMC will be transitioned to the PMC. We have invited some
of
> > the mentors in the current PPMC who like to stay involved.
> > We are also adding Siddharth and Jie Wang into PMC as we believe they
are
> > committed to the project and a good addition to PMC.
> >
> > Below is the text for board resolution:
> >
> > Establish the Apache Ratis Project
> >
> > WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
> > the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
> > a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
> > of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
> > related to A java implementation for RAFT consensus protocol.
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
> > (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Ratis Project", be and hereby is
> > established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Ratis Project be and hereby is responsible for
> > the creation and maintenance of software related to A java
> > implementation for RAFT consensus protocol; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Ratis" be and
> > hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
> > direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache Ratis
> > Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
> > projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache Ratis Project;
> > and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
> > appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Ratis Project:
> >
> >  * Anu Engineer         <ae...@apache.org> [Hadoop, Ozone PMC,
> > Incubator Committer]
> >  * Arpit Agarwal        <ar...@apache.org> [ ASF Member, Hadoop, Ozone,
> > Incubator PMC]
> >  * Enis Soztutar        <en...@apache.org> [ASF Member, Hadoop, HBase,
> > Incubator PMC and also PMC in curator, gora, phoenix]
> >  * Hanisha Koneru       <ha...@apache.org> [Hadoop, Ozone PMC,
> > Incubator Committer]
> >  * Jie Wang             <ru...@apache.org> [Incubator, Ozone
> > Committer]
> >  * Jing Zhao            <ji...@apache.org> [Hadoop PMC, Incubator
> > Committer]
> >  * Jitendra Nath Pandey <ji...@apache.org>  [ASF Member, Hadoop,
Ozone,
> > Incubator PMC and also PMC in ambari, atlas, tez]
> >  * Josh Elser           <el...@apache.org>  [ASF Member, HBase,
Incubator
> > PMC, and also PMC in accumulo, calcite, fluo, phoenix, rya]
> >  * Lokesh Jain          <lj...@apache.org> [Hadoop, Ozone PMC, Incubator
> > Committer]
> >  * Marton Elek          <el...@apache.org>  [Hadoop, Ozone PMC, Incubator
> > Committer]