Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cris Daniluk <cr...@claraview.com> on 2004/09/10 18:01:47 UTC

JSP2

We just converted an app from Tomcat4/JSP12 to Tomcat 5.0.28/JSP2. Anytime
we use a Struts taglib, we get the following error when the JSP compiles:

Unable to compile class for JSP Generated servlet error:
C:\...\org\apache\jsp\WEB_002dINF\jsp\page_jsp.java:187:
_jspx_meth_html_text_0(javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.JspTag,javax.servlet.jsp.Pag
eContext) in org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.basicSearch_jsp cannot be
applied to
(org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag,javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext) if
(_jspx_meth_html_text_0(_jspx_th_html_form_0, _jspx_page_context)) ^

This is repeated endlessly for every Struts tag we use, but ONLY for the
Struts tags. Pages with just JSTL tags work fine. Even a <html:html> tag is
sufficicent to break things.

We're using Struts 1.1 but I tried upgrading to 1.2.2 to solve the problem,
with no luck. It seems that javac does not realize HtmlTag, FormTag, etc
implement JspTag.

JDK is 1.4.2_05. I have removed all outward references to the old Servlet
2.3 jar files. Only the Tomcat servlet jars are accessible to the webapp.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cris