Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 19:08:36 UTC

Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

I want to configure two jobs to index in SOLR using ManifoldCF using
/extract/update requestHandler.
1st to synchronize only XML files & 2nd to synchronize the PDF file.
If both these document share a unique id. Can i combine the indexes for
both in 1 SOLR schema without overriding the details added by previous job.

suppose,
      xmldoc indexes field0(id), field1, field2, field3
&    pdfdoc indexes field0(id), field4, field5, field6.

Output docindex ==> (xml+pdf doc), field0(id), field1, field2, field3,
field4, field5, field6

Regards
Anupam

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.
I ran the 1 job with XML and PDF doc type together only and again i lost
all the indexes when the job got finished.

The Rejected results was for 1 document which might have confused you. The
fetching is working for many documents with SUCCESS status.

When the job is running i was able to see the indexes for PDF and XML both
from SOLR admin. But the moment it got finished all indexes were gone.

Start Time <http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>Activity<http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>
IdentifierResult Code <http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>
Bytes <http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>Time<http://localhost:8080/mcf-crawler-ui/execute.jsp>Result
Description
03-29-2012 14:41:29.053document deletion (Solr_Test_QA)
http://example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio...
nLabel=CURRENT&objectId=09d905e78004f63f
2000103-29-2012 14:33:40.741document ingest (Solr_Test_QA)http://
example.domain.com:8088/webtop/component/drl?versio...
nLabel=CURRENT&objectId=09d905e78004f63f
200149115603-29-2012 14:33:38.758fetch09d905e78004f63f
Success14911780

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Anupam Bhattacharya

Re: Running 2 jobs to update same document Index but different fields

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anupam Bhattacharya <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.