Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2014/08/29 15:02:06 UTC

Discussion: Add "Implements" to Entity definitions

One feature I would like to see in the entity definition is an
"Implements" attribute. The attribute contains an entity name, and it
describes an entity that is to be extended as a NEW entity.

I suggested something like this back in 2004, and the motivation was
similar to the discussion here:

Sometimes all you need is a date range entity, but your only choice is
WorkEffort - with all of its baggage.

So, we could do something like this:

DateRange
---------
dateRangeId, id-ne*
fromDate, date-time
thruDate, date-time
estimatedFromDate, date-time
estimatedThruDate, date-time

WorkEffort (implements DateRange)
------------------
workEffortTypeId, id
currentStatusId, id
etc...

The WorkEffort entity definition would look something like this:

<entity entity-name="WorkEffort" implements="DateRange" ...>
   <field name="workEffortId" implements="dateRangeId" />
</entity>

What do you think?

--
Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software

Re: Discussion: Add "Implements" to Entity definitions

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Then I think everybody should like it

Jacques

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.