Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Carville <st...@totalflood.com> on 2003/06/21 00:47:36 UTC

Virtual Domains with Tomcat

Right now I am running multiple domains with Tomcat by having a completely
separate instances attached to a different virtual interface: eth0, eth0:1,
etc.  This works OK for two or even three domains but it will be getting
unwieldy as the number of domains increases.  Is there anyway to do virtual
named domains with Tomcat?  This is dirt simple to do in Apache but the web
developers only know how to program in Java and Visual Basic so I'm kind of
stuck with Tomcat.  I've tried using mod_jk but only the Apache side works,
Tomcat still goes to the same directories for its files no mater what domian
the request is for.

--
Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator