Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by bennyboy <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 12:09:49 UTC

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/tools.jar

Hello,

I'm new with continuum, I need to install it on a Fedora Core 8 64bits.

I downloaded the file, I configured the plexus.xml like I need and when I
attempted to launch continuum with that command line (see the results) :
service continuum start
Starting Apache Continuum...

But nothing happens in my browser, and logs look like this :

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/tools.jar
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Configurator.configure(Configurator.java:333)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.configure(Launcher.java:131)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:404)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:351)

Don't know what is the problem, if you have any idea.

Regards, Benny.

Re: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/tools.jar

Posted by Steven The Easily Amused <sl...@cisco.com>.

Emmanuel Venisse-2 wrote:

> If you switch to a sun jvm, this problem will be fixed.
>
> Emmanuel
>
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:09 PM, bennyboy <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/tools.jar

Another cause for this message, as I discovered on a Windows box, is that
when you Install Continuum as a service it sucks in information about the
JDK it is using and encapsulates it as one of the parameters in the service
launch.  If you subsequently substitute a newer (or older) JDK the service
will no longer start. Fortunately the wrapper log gives a clue that despite
having done a careful search to conclude that there were no references to
the old JDK - well, there were!

Uninstalling Continuum as a windows service and reinstalling it fixed the
problem for me.

-- Steven

Re: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/tools.jar

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.