Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joseph A. Noble" <no...@flashman.com> on 2001/07/02 16:06:04 UTC

Is my_mod_jk.conf Only Way

Hi,

I'm trying to get Apache (1.3.20) and Tomcat (3.2.2) to recognize
"similar" URL's.  By this I mean, get rid of the /servlet in the
Apache mapping.  The only way I've found to do this is to copy mod_jk.
conf-auto to another file, I called it my_mod_jk.conf and change
the JkMount lines.
For example, I changed:

   JkMount /admin/servlet/* ajp12
   JkMount /admin/*.jsp ajp12

to:
   JkMount /admin/* ajp13

It works fine, except everything in the admin directory, even the
html is served by Tomcat I believe.  Is there a better way?  What's
the purpose of Apache in this case, unless I use unique subdirectories
for static html files? Or is Apache picking up the html files?  How
can I tell which one serves the html files with the /admin/* mapping?

Also, although I configured Tomcat's server.xml to recognize Ajpv13,
I noticed it was still using Ajpv12.  Why?

Any help would be much appreciated.

THANKS
-joe-

joseph.a.noble@lmco.com / noble@flashman.com / noble@bwn.net
           http://www.flashman.com/ (303) 971-8780
B-24 Crew Registry http://www.co.pueblo.co.us/pwam/crew_registry/

Re: FRUSTRATED: Is my_mod_jk.conf Only Way

Posted by Jason Koeninger <jk...@jjcc.com>.
- server.xml configures Tomcat.

- mod_jk.conf-auto is created by Tomcat based on your
  server.xml configuration and can be included in Apache's
  httpd.conf.

	or

- My preferred way is to put all of the mod_jk directives in
  httpd.conf myself and maintain them manually...no surprises,
  but others have luck with the automated method.

- workers.properties is used by mod_jk to figure out how to
   connect to Tomcat (IP address, port number, load balancing,
   etc.).  If everything's on the same machine, the default file
   is fine.  You can use ajp12 or ajp13 workers by those names
   from the default settings.

- uriworkermap.properties is IIS/ISAPI only...I think.  No need to
  worry about it.

The only other file I've had to mess with is tomcat-users.xml to set
up authentication through Tomcat on one site where a webapp
relied on it.  Otherwise, I just stick to Apache's security.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting
http://www.jjcc.com

Posted by "Joseph A. Noble" <no...@flashman.com>.
HELP! I'm getting real frustrated.

Based on what I've been reading on the list and the archives, I've tried
modifying:

tomcat-apache.conf
server.xml
uriworkermap.properties