Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chengyang <at...@163.com> on 2010/08/26 06:37:36 UTC

JVM GC is very frequent.

We have about 500million documents are indexed.The index size is aobut 10G. Running on a 32bit box. During the pressure testing, we monitered that the JVM GC is very frequent, about 5min once. Is there any tips to turning this?

Re: JVM GC is very frequent.

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/19/java-garbage-collection-boot-camp-draft/

Re: JVM GC is very frequent.

Posted by Bill Au <bi...@gmail.com>.
Besides frequency, you should also look at duration of GC events.  You may
want to try the concurrent garbage collector if you see many long full gc.

Bill

Re: JVM GC is very frequent.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Some of it will also depend on things like your caches, heap size, etc.

-Grant

On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Chengyang wrote:

> We have about 500million documents are indexed.The index size is aobut 10G. Running on a 32bit box. During the pressure testing, we monitered that the JVM GC is very frequent, about 5min once. Is there any tips to turning this?

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucenerevolution.org Apache Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8