Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Ciprian Ciubotariu <ch...@gmx.net> on 2016/05/27 17:47:42 UTC

Building Archiva and Redback

Hi!

I'm trying to build archiva (and redback), and I am getting

[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for org.apache.archiva.redback:redback:2.4: Could not find artifact org.apache.archiva:archiva-parent:pom:16 in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)

By the looks of it, the latest on maven central is org.apache.archiva:archiva-parent:pom:15 :

http://search.maven.org/#search|gav|1|g%3A%22org.apache.archiva%22%20AND%20a%3A%22archiva-parent%22

Hmm... also, seems that release 2.2.1 was tagged a few days ago, but not deployed on maven central, and the archiva website is not updated. Is this a post-release transition state?

I've found the sources at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/parent/, already describing version 17-SNAPSHOT. Perhaps moving it to git would allow us to checkout the appropriate tag and build the parent locally in the meantime.

Thanks!

Re: Building Archiva and Redback

Posted by Ciprian Ciubotariu <ch...@gmx.net>.
Thanks!

I can see the artifacts appeared, so I can revert my changes to POM files.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi
)

--