Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tan, Julien" <ju...@intel.com> on 2003/01/07 03:41:59 UTC

[users@httpd] what is the difference

Hi,
i have notice that there is to httpd directory in my linux machine.

1. in /usr/local/httpd-2.0.40  - if not mistaken this is what i've have
installed.
2. /etc/httpd - where does this comes from......it is from the rpm??..

Re: [users@httpd] what is the difference

Posted by Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>.
Tan, Julien wrote:

>Hi,
>i have notice that there is to httpd directory in my linux machine.
>
>1. in /usr/local/httpd-2.0.40  - if not mistaken this is what i've have
>installed.

This is where the your binaries live.

>2. /etc/httpd - where does this comes from......it is from the rpm??..

/etc/ is the home of configuration files.

I suggest you go to apache.org and read the documentation and follow the
tutorials.

--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---