Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/07 18:07:22 UTC

Regarding MJAR-259 and MSOURCES-119

Hi, in my organization we're seeing big increases in build time using newer
versions of maven-jar-plugin and maven-sources-plugin, because those
plugins are affected by a bug in plexus-io.

The issue in plexus-io has been fixed since some time:  [1] and I believe a
release has been made of relevant plexus components containing the fix (but
I might be wrong about that).

However, both MJAR-259 [2] and MSOURCES-119 [3] are still open. When can we
expect new releases of these two plugins (and other plugins/components
affected by the same issue)? Is something block the release or no one
simply got around to it yet?

We're trying to stay current and modern in our little eco-system at work,
but this issue is holding us back on older versions of aforementioned
plugins.

Thanks for your time!

- Eric L

[1] https://github.com/codehaus-plexus/plexus-io/pull/17
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-259
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MSOURCES-119

Re: Regarding MJAR-259 and MSOURCES-119

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
It's dependency:resolve-plugins that's wrong. What you can do is run a
Maven build with the -X flag and look at the beginning of the
maven-jar-plugin execution. There you should see the resolved tree of the
plugin's dependencies.

/Anders

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

would it help to make a release within a time range of one or two weeks.. ?

I can take a look ...and see what I can do..?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise