Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Reis, Tom" <re...@cdnet.cod.edu> on 2002/08/29 18:22:54 UTC

SSL and Tomcat

	Is there a setting for Tomcat 4.04 so that it will only SSL
encryption. I know you can specify which directories you want to have
encryption with IIS and I was wondering if there is something similiar with
Tomcat. Thanks.

Re: SSL and Tomcat

Posted by Randy Secrist <to...@secristfamily.com>.
There is such a thing in Tomcat, albiet a little different.  Tomcat being a
servlet container, organizes everything into web applications.  (Similar to
a virtual server.)  You can specify for each web application which
directories (resources) are considered integral, or confidential.  When a
resource is considered protected by one of these, Tomcat attempt to force
authentication over SSL.

These declarations  are made in the WEB-XML/web.xml deployment descriptor.
For a listing of what xml tags you can use in this file, see the java
servlet specification in the tomcat docs.

Randy

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>