Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lukas Lentner <ko...@lukaslentner.de> on 2018/05/24 10:40:10 UTC

Own Security Plugin

Hi,

in ActiveMQ Artemis 1.1.0 I would like to implement a Security Plugin that acts additionally to the properties files. A user should be able to send a jwt to the server and my plugin takes that jwt and resolves it to allowed actions on amq addresses.

Is there an example to start from? Is a Plugin the right approach? Do I need some kind of interceptor? Is there general Documentation about such a scenario ... ?

Thankx

Lukas Lentner

Re: Own Security Plugin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
It sounds to me like you may want to implement a custom JAAS login module.
You can find the Artemis JAAS login module implementations here [1].  You
can use those as a guide or find tutorials online.

Aside from that you can extend Artemis via remoting interceptors or server
plugins.  You can find more information about both of these in the Artemis
documentation.

Also, I would encourage you to move to the latest release of Artemis.
Version 1.1.0 is very old now.  Version 2.6.0 was just released.

Justin