Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Conrad Pilloud <co...@ngc.com> on 2008/09/10 01:11:38 UTC

RMI Component looks up wrong name

Hi,
I'm using Camel 1.4.0   It appears the RMI component is not pulling the
right name from the URI I defined in my routebuilder.

In a separate application (the one I'm trying to connect and send data to),
I've bound a remote object in the RMI Registry as: "GDRService".  (I even
wrote a little app to list the RMI registry entries and it does indeed show
up as "GDRService").

However, my camel route:    .to("rmi://localhost:1099/GDRService");

produces this result...
java.rmi.NotBoundException: /GDRService
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.lookup(RegistryImpl.java:106)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Skel.dispatch(Unknown Source)

I think this is the problem...
According to the code for
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/camel/trunk/components/camel-rmi/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/rmi/RmiEndpoint.java?view=markup
RMIEndPoint
public String getName() {
        String path = uri.getPath();
        if (path == null) {
            path = uri.getSchemeSpecificPart();
        }
        return path;
    }

I believe uri.getPath() is returning "/GDRService" and not "GDRService" and
thus, Camel can't find the actual service.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this a camel-rmi bug?

Cheers
Conrad

RE: RMI Component looks up wrong name

Posted by Conrad Pilloud <co...@ngc.com>.