Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Felipe Gutierrez <fe...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/16 21:38:36 UTC

e-Science app on Hadoop

Hello,

Does anybody know an e-Science application to run on Hadoop?

Thanks.
Felipe

--
*--
-- Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez

Re: e-Science app on Hadoop

Posted by Jeremy Lewi <je...@lewi.us>.
Contrail is a DeNovo Assembler which uses Map Reduce and Avro.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail
As part of this effort, we developed an efficient FastQ InputFormat reader
for processing FastQ files in parallel.

http://kbase.science.energy.gov/about/about/ is an effort by the DOE to
create a modular platform for bioinformatics. I think its using hadoop
under the hood for job scheduling and other functions.

Dr. Michael Schatz (http://www.cbcb.umd.edu/~mschatz/) who is one of the
developers of Contrail has a bunch of work on porting bioinformatics to
Hadoop.

Re: e-Science app on Hadoop

Posted by Jeremy Lewi <je...@lewi.us>.

Re: e-Science app on Hadoop