Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Vlasov, Iulian " <iu...@citi.com> on 2007/06/26 22:51:07 UTC

JMS 1.1 appender

Hi,

I recently had the need to use a JMS appender that works with both JMS
messaging models which were unified in JMS 1.1 specs.

The standard log4j package I'm using in my project comes with Topic
appender and I also cannot use an appender that works only with Queues.
So I wrote JMSAppender that works with both topics and queues. Also the
set of jndi properties that are used to create a jndi context can be
specified via a propeties file, since for various application servers
there may be more settings needed to create the context, than just an
initial context and a provider url.

Please let me know if it makes sense to upload the source code in case I
didn't reinvent the wheel (again).

Regards,
iulian