Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Andy Welch <aw...@nerdwallet.com> on 2017/02/21 23:17:06 UTC

Dumping DAGs

Aloha!

I'm working on a PR that will allow for dumping the configuration of a DAG
to a json record, such that my team can run analytics on the resulting
structure.  I'm modifying cli.py's list_tasks command, adding an option to
request such.  I thought that it's best to dump from Airflow's internal
model rather than trying to emulate how it (allows for) dynamic dag
creation.

Please advise if there is history around this or major objections,
otherwise, I'll be sending along a PR as per the Contributor's Guide.

Thanks for making Airflow open source :)

--
*Andy Welch*
awelch@nerdwallet.com

Providing clarity for all of life's financial decisions

Re: Dumping DAGs

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Please make sure to code it as an API endpoint (see trigger_dag as an example). Just changing the cli won't be enough to get the pr accepted.

Yes that would ask you to refactor list_tasks.

Bolke

Sent from my iPhone