Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Steve Mactaggart <st...@golftime.com.au> on 2003/10/29 05:33:31 UTC

SMTPAppender and subjects

Hey all,

I have had the SMTPAppender working for months now, and I must say that
it is working great..

What I was wondering is if there is a way to alter the subject of the
email, based on the message logged??

What would be nice, would be to be able to add a PatternLayout as the
subject name or something like that, then you could send the level or
even class name as the email subject..  It would make sorting and
searching the emails much easier..

Just a thought, as I've had this in production for a few months now, and
am at the stage of re-evaluating and improving the existing processes.

If noone has a simple answer, then I guess I'll have to dive into the
code and see what I can come up with.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------
Steve Mactaggart