Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Samaraweera, Ravinda" <ra...@kpmg.com> on 2012/08/23 05:59:30 UTC

Http requests response time varying ...

Dear All,

I have noticed this while I was running jmeter on internal LAN app.,
hope to get your feedback for the following concern,

Lets say my test script has 6 http requests, testing for 5 virtual users
(5 Threads),

1.	Request login
2.	Login with credentials
3.	Load main page
4.	Load create page
5.	Search an item
6.	Load edit item page (This is considerably slow)

When I run the script with above 6 http requests and when I disable 6th
request and run the scrip there is a difference in each requests
response time,
for 6th request it is obvious to get low response time, but how come
that other 5 requests also response with lower response time when 6th
one included to test plan & run?
Shouldn't it be same as before , I mean other 5 requests should maintain
bit similar response time (Assume that no user logged to the system
except jmeter requests).
Why this happens? Pls help.
Thanks,
 Chi.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
KPMG is neither liable for the proper,
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.