Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by TLFox <ti...@googlemail.com> on 2008/05/29 13:11:12 UTC

Where can I get QPID M2.1 bridging module for BDB store

Anyone know where I can get the M 2.1 bridging jar so I can use it with the
BDB store?

I can try building from the rhm jboss repository but there are no tags there
so I don't know what revision corresponds to the correct version for M2.1

Any ideas?

Re: Where can I get QPID M2.1 bridging module for BDB store

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2008/5/30 TLFox <ti...@googlemail.com>:

> Martin Ritchie-2 wrote:
>>

>> But Carl is this not a packaging of trunk? What Tim is looking for is
>> the M2.1 bdbstore module for the Java Apache Qpid broker. We had
>> previously put these on this page:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/3rd+Party+Libraries
>>
>> but as we said at the M2 release this was to be a temporary solution
>> whilst we got a wiki/webspace for the BDBStore Module. You may have
>> seen I created a JIRA for this task yesterday
>> (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RHM-3)
>>
>> I'm not sure which of the RH lists this conversation should be on so
>> I'm just replying here.
>>
>> What do we need to do to get a download site for the Java BDBModule
>> that corresponds to our Apache releases?
>>
>> Tim: I know it is not ideal but I can mail the the M2.1 BDB jar if you
>> want.
>>

> Thanks for the offer but we managed to build it in the end with a bit of
> Maven jiggery pokery.

jiggery pokery? I'm the last to really advocate maven but M2.1 should just be

$cd java && mvn

and your done. Perhaps I'm to close to the code.. Would be good to
know what jiggery poker was required so we can document it for other
M2.1 users or even improve it on the M2.x branch.

> Having said all that, 2.1 is actually proving a bit hard for us to use since
> it doesn't have producer flow control, so I'm thinking we should try out
> trunk (this is going to form M3 eventually, right?).

Right

> Does the current code in trunk have producer flow control (Java and C++
> broker)? When I use the qpid java jms client with the trunk server will it
> automatically negotiate to AMQP version 0.10, or do I need to do something
> here?

I don't recall what the 0-10 client to c++ broker does in terms of
producer flow control but I do know that the Java broker on trunk is
only 08/09 but we are planning on adding producer flow control.

Our JIRA system does contain quite a few open issues of which you seem
to have hit quite a few with your use cases. If you have time it would
be great to work with you on some of them.

Regards

Martin

> TIA

Martin Ritchie

Re: Where can I get QPID M2.1 bridging module for BDB store

Posted by TLFox <ti...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.

--
Martin Ritchie

Re: Where can I get QPID M2.1 bridging module for BDB store

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by TLFox <ti...@googlemail.com>.

Martin Ritchie-2 wrote:

> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/branches/java/M2.1/java/bdbstore/

Thanks - but is a binary available anywhere?

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2008/5/29 TLFox <ti...@googlemail.com>:

> Anyone know where I can get the M 2.1 bridging jar so I can use it with the
> BDB store?
>
> I can try building from the rhm jboss repository but there are no tags there
> so I don't know what revision corresponds to the correct version for M2.1
>
> Any ideas?

This will be the 'tag' your looking for: