Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <jl...@apache.org> on 2022/09/02 05:56:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OFBiz 18.12 End-Of-Life (EOL) announcement

The Apache OFBiz Project Team would like to inform you that OFBiz 18.12.06
is the last release of the 18.12 branch, which has reached its end of life and
won't be longer officially supported.

https://ofbiz.apache.org/release-notes-18.12.06.html

This announcement takes place on 2022-09-02 and starting from today
we will only support Apache OFBiz 18.12.06 in case of security
vulnerabilities.

Questions and Answers:

With the announcement of OFBiz 18.12.06 EOL, what happens to
OFBiz 18.12.06 resources?

All resources will stay where they are. The documentation will still
be accessible from the Apache OFBiz homepage[1], as well as the
downloads for last released OFBiz versions[2]. All of the OFBiz
18.12.06 source code can be found in the Apache OFBiz Git repository
under branch release18.12, now and in future. This concerns the
framework[3] and the plugins[4].

[1] https://ofbiz.apache.org/
[2] https://downloads.apache.org/ofbiz
[3] https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework
[4] https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-plugins

Is there an immediate need to upgrade from OFBiz 18.12.06 in my projects?

If you are using a release between 18.12.01 and 18.12.05 you should immediately
upgrade to 18.12.06, because there are several vulnerabilities present in all
OFBiz releases before 18.12.06.
As today, there aren't known vulnerabilities affecting OFBiz 18.12.06;
however, considering that the 18.12.06 is the last release in this branch,
you should plan to migrate to the 18.12.06 as soon as possible.

My friends / colleagues and I would like to see OFBiz 18.12.06 being
continuously maintained. What can we do?

You may fork the existing source and support it on your own.

Kind regards
-
The Apache OFBiz Team