Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Bussenschutt <D....@mailbox.gu.edu.au> on 2000/12/13 03:42:12 UTC

help me!

(Reposted since I got no response first time)

If I want every *.jsp in the entire web tree to be redirected from apache
to tomcat, but still have the jsp files physically stored in the apache
htdocs area, what would my server.xml(and/or mod_jk.conf) look like?

1) do I set the ROOT context of tomcat to be the same location as apache?
OR
2) do I have some sort of obscure global mod_rewrite rule ?
OR
3) do I symlink $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps to $APACHE_HOME/htdocs?
OR
4) something else entirely?

AND, will this work with ~username server references?

Thanks in advance,
David.

P.S. Running on:  Solaris 2.6/apache 1.3.14/Tomcat 3.2final/mod_jk. (apps
installed yesterday and working fine with separate /htdocs and /webapps
areas.).

David Bussenschutt          Email: D.Bussenschutt@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Senior Computing Support Officer & Systems Administrator/Programmer
Location: Griffith University. Information Technology Services
          Brisbane Qld. Aust.  (TEN bldg. rm 1.33) Ph: (07)38757079

RE: help me!

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
I believe I did reply, but here's what I wrote last time anyway:

> If I want every *.jsp in the entire web tree to be redirected from apache
> to tomcat, but still have the jsp files physically stored in the apache
> htdocs area, what would my server.xml(and/or mod_jk.conf) look like?
>
> 1) do I set the ROOT context of tomcat to be the same location as apache?
> OR
> 2) do I have some sort of obscure global mod_rewrite rule ?
> OR
> 3) do I symlink $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps to $APACHE_HOME/htdocs?
> OR
> 4) something else entirely?
>
> AND, will this work with ~username server references?

I changed my server.xml to include a virtual host:

<Host name="127.0.0.1">
    <Context path=""
             docBase="/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
             debug="0" />
</Host>

I don't know if this is a Good Way to do this, I'm a newbie.

UserDir stuff doesn't work-I'm thinking it could be handled
in a servlet, but I don't know that either, so don't quote me.

Dave