Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2018/05/15 10:01:19 UTC

CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

Hi all,

In CompilerConfiguration we have a public constant CURRENT_JVM_VERSION
which actually represents the minimum JDK version supported by a particular
version of Groovy (potentially on a particular VM runtime). I was thinking
of deprecating above constant (it's not used in the Groovy codebase) and
renaming to MINIMUM_JDK_VERSION.

If you prefer a different name or have any other comments, let me know.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
+1

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: CompilierConfiguration#CURRENT_JVM_VERSION

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for deprecating the current constant and new name (see note below).

If the new constant wont be used internally then I might suggest no new
constant is created. Else if it's created in order to provide an alternate
to the deprecated one, would it make sense to provide it via
`groovy.lang.GroovySystem` or some other public api class outside of the
internal org. package structure?