Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wolfgang Strunk <ar...@st-werkstatt.de> on 2008/10/15 02:42:52 UTC

log4j configuration

Hi,
I try to authenticate against an Active directory Server. To find out
what the error is, I would like to enable logging in debug level.
But whatever I change in log4j.xml, there is no information written in
archiva.log.

Any Idea?

Thanks Wolfgang

Re: log4j configuration

Posted by Wolfgang Strunk <ma...@st-werkstatt.de>.

I added the following logger:
  <logger
name="org.codehaus.plexus.redback.authentication.ldap.LdapBindAuthenticator">
    <level value="debug"/>
    <appender-ref ref="rolling" />
  </logger>

Additionally I tried to set root to "debug"

  <root>
    <priority value ="debug" />
  </root>

Both did not add any additional log output.

Wolfgang

Re: log4j configuration

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
This is correct, what change did you make?

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org