Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Ignatius <ki...@yahoo.co.kr> on 2011/02/09 15:19:30 UTC

How to use SVDRecommender in Apache Mahout

Hello Thank you first for this wonderful library. It saved a lot of time for
recommendation algorithm study.

I am also interested in SVD-based recommender and found out that Mahout has
one too.

However, I cannot find any example, tutorial, hint or whatsoever for this.

Can anyone give me a source of information for how to use SVDRecommender in
Apache Mahout?

A simple code would be appreciated also.

Thank you and have a nice day!

- Regards.

Re: How to use SVDRecommender in Apache Mahout

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
There is not really much to know. You construct it on top of a
DataModel of your choice, and then call the recommend() method. that's
about it. Do you have a more specific question? The book Mahout in
Action covers this class in particular, but, it is just a few pages.

Sean