Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Luke Han <lu...@apache.org> on 2018/12/09 16:16:00 UTC

3 Year Anniversary of Apache Kylin Graduation

Hi all,
3 years ago, on Dec 8, 2015, ASF announced Apache Kylin
as a Top-Level Project after incubating about 11 months:
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces85

eBay is the most generous company for this project, she not
only contributed this OLAP for Hadoop project at the beginning
in 2015 and also continually invest in this project. Many great
features came to recent releases are from eBay, and more are
coming as always.

Would like to say thanks to everybody who contribute to
Kylin community in the past years, especially to our mentors.
Without our mentors' coach, we can't make it since the initial
committers have very limited experience in open source. Now
some Kylin PMCs already became mentors for other incubating
projects. To bring their experiences to other people who are
struggling on as same as us at that monument.

PMCs, committers and all contributors, users brought so many
great things to this community, we found many great talents who
always have great idea, to make Kylin better, to leverage Kylin
to serve different scenarios beyond the original design purpose.
And more exiting one is there are so many great use cases from
all of the world, China, Japan, US, Spain, Europe, and other regions.
Hundreds use cases already published in the internet, in almost
all industries.

This is the real charms of open source, connected different people
from different places for different goals, and the result is growing
this community more and more.

Appreciated to everyone who helped and contributed to Kylin.

BTW, if you are using Kylin, please leave your message here or
contact me to enrich our "Powered By" page, your use cases and
experience will inspire other people very much:
http://kylin.apache.org/community/poweredby.html

Luke Han
VP of Apache Kylin.

Re: 3 Year Anniversary of Apache Kylin Graduation

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Luke; it is a good summary; Thank you!

Now Kylin is on the way to be the next generation big data OLAP engine.
It's very honored that so many users and friends are together with us.
Looking forward to the next three years!

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Work email: shaofeng.shi@kyligence.io