Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Erwin Mueller <fu...@googlemail.com> on 2009/01/03 02:43:53 UTC

scpexe - Permission denied

Hello, I like to use my own repository with ssh/scp so I try:

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>ssh-repository</id>
      <url>scpexe://web-archiva/var/archiva/repositories</url>
    </repository>
  </distributionManagement>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>internal</id>
      <name>Archiva Managed Internal Repository</name>
      <url>scpexe://web-archiva/var/archiva/repositories/internal/</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
    <repository>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <name>Archiva Managed Snapshot Repository</name>

<url>scpexe://web-archiva/var/archiva/repositories/snapshots/</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-beta-1</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>

web-archiva is in my ~/.ssh/config and I can connect via ssh to it. But
if I try maven deploy I always get the error:

[INFO] Error retrieving previous build number for artifact
'com.deventm.gscal:gscal-batch-parent:pom': repository metadata for:
'snapshot com.deventm.gscal:gscal-batch-parent:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT' could not
be retrieved from repository: ssh-repository due to an error: Exit code:
1 - Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

I using a public key with my ssh-agent. As I sayed I can connect to it
via public key.
$ ssh web-archiva

The permissions are all correct, if I login into web-archiva I can
read/write/create/open files and directories. The directories are empty
right now.

So I have no idea right now what I did wrong with maven.

Any help would be nice, Erwin.

Re: scpexe - Permission denied

Posted by Erwin Mueller <fu...@googlemail.com>.
If you like to know. I created a new repository user and pointed the
home diretory to /var/repository, after that I created there a .ssh dir.

I don't know but is there a problem with ssh server and the home dir
other then in /home ? Well, after I moved the home-dir back to /home
everything worked again.

In OpenSuse 11.1 is default: AuthorizedKeysFile     .ssh/authorized_keys

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Using a repo manager would make your life a whole lot easier:
http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html

Posted by Erwin Mueller <fu...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Erwin Mueller <fu...@googlemail.com>.
I can't use beta-4 or beta-3 because I have right now maven 2.0.9. So I
tryed  beta-2 and beta-1, but all the same. Tomorrow I try it with maven
2.0.10.

With beta-4/-3 I get the error

Component descriptor role: 'org.apache.maven.wagon.CommandExecutor',
implementation:
'org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.external.ScpExternalCommandExecutor', role hint: 'scpexe' has a hint, but there are other implementations that don't

It's the same as
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-228

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.