Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lakshmi Kurella <lk...@fedex.com> on 2008/08/07 17:43:40 UTC

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin does not exist

I have installed maven 2.0.9 successfully and I am now trying to build
my directory structure for which I ran the command

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.fedex.crm.onesource
-DartifactId=CaseConsole

but it came back and says error

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not
be retri
eved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 25 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Aug 07 10:42:37 CDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

Please help.

Thanks,
LK

RE: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin does not exist

Posted by Lakshmi Kurella <lk...@fedex.com>.

Hi Olivier, your help is great on my previous question, now I have
another question, I have a pom.xml from someone already and it has one
of the dependeny like the following

    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.fedex.arise.server</groupId>
      <artifactId>ServerCommon-lib</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
      <type>jar</type>
    </dependency>

Since my group id is defined like
<groupId>com.fedex.crm.onesource</groupId> when the pom.xml file
created, can  create another directory called arise (and add the jar
file ServerCommon-lib in this dir) under fedex manually or can it be
done using maven command itself. Sorry for such a dumb question.

Thanks,
LK

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakshmi Kurella <lk...@fedex.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Go to google and search "maven 2 configure proxy".

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=fr&rlz=&=&q=maven+2+configure+proxy&btnG=Recherche+Google&meta=

It looks to help a lot ;-)

--
Olivier