Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Recloux <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/03 07:48:05 UTC

Re: I18n site

> I wil try to use it on my project and post my feed back here.

I used it, I just add to set the required version of the maven yo
1.1-SNAPSHOT instead od 1.1.

It works fine for a single project but I had some problems with the
multiproject:site. I think that the children projects are overiding
the parent project's bundle.

An improvement could be the plugin not to 'escape' the properties, so
we could add bigger blocks in the properties files. Actually if you
need to insert a link, you must use three properties.

Could I retrieve the sources of the patch ?

Should I add this comments in jira or follow the thread in maven-dev ?
--
Thomas Recloux

Re: I18n site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
It's pure Java, so the localization should be significantly easier.

There are a couple of approaches:
- for Maven 1.0.x, we could make a jelly wrapper that mimics the
existing functionality, and calls into the java plugin jar.
- for Maven 1.1.x, we can probably have the core load them directly
fairly easily, and add a mapping file to do the same goal mimicing.

The first steps will have to be to separate some of the jumbled
functionality (like report registration in xdoc instead of site, etc).
Another alternative is that xdoc stays as is and becomes deprecated, and
the new functionality is introduced into the site plugin as "v 2.0".

It is definitely more work - but in the long run it will be much much less.

Just thinking out loud at this point - I think right after alpha-2 is
released (2 weeks) is a good time to do this. It's up to you about how
much more work localizing m1 will take as to whether it is worth doing
it first... I thought it was basically done, so worth finishing first
and saving this work until later, but it is starting to appear to be the
opposite (especially with all the dom4j/jaxen problems hitting the site
in maven 1.1).

- Brett

RE: I18n site

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Re: I18n site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
If you have an enclosing tag, you probably want a method like:

{
    get classloader
    construct new classloader, add resource
    set new classloader
    invokeBody( output );
    set old classloader back
}

RE: I18n site

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello every body,

Always about Jelly Fmt tag, Xdoc plugin and classloader, I am a bit confused
by Maven 1.0.2.

What is the difference between a defined Jelly Tag (extends BaseTagSupport)
and a closing tag defined in a plugin?
Please lets see a diff file between 2 plugin.jelly files:
* The first one uses Maven Tags defined in the jelly-tags Maven component. I
called them: <maven:grabClassLoader /> and <maven:unGrabClassLoader />
* The second one is the same code with a defined closing tag.

In a multiproject case, the first one produces the wanted value of the fmt
key and the other one produces ???myKey???.

My godfeeling is that I am not in the right classloader! Is the
MavenJellyContext not handling the same classloader between a defined jelly
tag and a closing tag? Maybe is it an interaction with others plugins?

Thanks a lot for your response!

Cheers,

Vincent

The following lines are from the GrabClassLoaderTag:
    /*
     * @see
org.apache.commons.jelly.Tag#doTag(org.apache.commons.jelly.XMLOutput)
     */
    public void doTag(XMLOutput arg0) throws MissingAttributeException,
JellyTagException {
        if (getMavenContext() == null) {
            throw new JellyTagException("The current MavenContext is
null!");
        }

        checkAttribute(this.resource, "include");

        ForeheadClassLoader currentClassLoader = null;
        try {
            currentClassLoader = (ForeheadClassLoader)
getMavenContext().getClassLoader();
        } catch (ClassCastException e) {
            throw new JellyTagException("The current classloader in the
MavenContext is not an instance of ForeheadClassLoader");
        }

        if (currentClassLoader == null) {
            throw new JellyTagException("No classloader found in the current
MavenContext");
        }

        try {
            File f = new File(this.resource);

            currentClassLoader.addURL(f.toURL());
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            throw new JellyTagException("The directory to include specified
by " + getResource() + " is malformed");
        }

        ForeheadClassLoader newClassLoader = new
ForeheadClassLoader(currentClassLoader, currentClassLoader.getName() +
"_tmp");
        getMavenContext().setClassLoader(newClassLoader);
    }

Re: I18n site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

RE: I18n site

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

Re: I18n site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the really long time it took to respond.

I didn't feel confident about copying files into the plugin cache
directory, so I investigated it more. What I suggest is placing the
bundles under the project directory somewhere - perhaps xdocs, or
perhaps a new directory?

Anyway, if it were xdocs, the following will work:

    <u:file var="f" name="${basedir}/xdocs" />
    <j:set var="dummy">${context.getClassLoader().addURL(f.toURL())}</j:set>

This will add ${basedir}/xdocs to the current classloader, making any
properties files under "xdocs" available to the fmt: tags.

Is this enough for you to continue now?

I suggest we add a tag to maven-jelly-tags for 1.1 that does this to
keep it portable.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: I18n site

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Waiting for a POM modification, these informations (default and
supported langages) can be defined as properties (It's what you're
doing actually).
I don't know if we will be able to change the POM in 1.1 ?

Arnaud

RE: I18n site

Re: I18n site

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.