Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/23 10:01:47 UTC

Re: Performance issue in indexing the data with DIH when using subqueries

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:01 AM, JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a performace issue when I am trying to index the data using
> DIH.. I have a model as below
>
> Tables
> --------
> Object
> ObjectProperty
> ObjectRelationship
>

> Object --> ObjectProperty ---- one to Many Relationship
> Object --> ObjectRelationship ---- one to Many Relationship
>
> We need to get the object and its related properties / relationship in a
> single document.
>
> So as of now I have a outer query in DIH config which loops over the
> objectid and for each objectid my inner query retreives the data from
> objectrelationship/objectproperty table.
>
> The performace seems to be very bad (took 4+ minutes to index 4000 rows /
> 590 documents) and I am trying to figure out a way to improve the
> performance.
>
> It would be great if someone can give me a suggestion on how to overcome /
> work around to this problem.

Have you tried using CachedSqlEntityProcessor?

See http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#CachedSqlEntityProcessor

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Performance issue in indexing the data with DIH when using subqueries

Posted by JavaGuy84 <bb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Shalin.. This resolve my issue :).

Thanks,
Barani