Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jess Sheneberger <Je...@neudesic.com> on 2012/10/24 22:41:01 UTC

WebHDFS REST API errors

I'm using hadoop and hdfs 1.0.4.  I'm making requests to the WebHDFS service and getting some error responses in HTML--is there a way to configure this to send JSON error responses?

RE: WebHDFS REST API errors

Posted by Jess Sheneberger <Je...@neudesic.com>.
Figured it out.  I wasn't actually querying WebHDFS as I thought, I was hitting HttpFS.  It wasn't immediately obvious to me from the 1.0.4 documentation that they were separate interfaces, and the initial HTTP request did appear to be working correctly against the wrong server, which added to my confusion.

Sorry for the spam.

RE: WebHDFS REST API errors

Posted by Jess Sheneberger <Je...@neudesic.com>.

RE: WebHDFS REST API errors