Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 周正虎 <yz...@126.com> on 2018/05/21 13:05:43 UTC

Kafka behind NAT

We have kafka behind NAT with *only one broker*.
Let say we have internal (A) and external (B) network.

When we try to reach the broker from external network (we use
bootstrap.servers parameter set to B address) then what is obvious the
broker responds with internal network's address (A) which is not resolvable
in external network. We cannot set advertised.listeners to external
network's address because the broker is also used from internal network.

I hope that somebody dealt with simillar problem.
Thanks for any help.

Re: Kafka behind NAT

Posted by Thomas Aley <Th...@ibm.com>.
Try setting:

advertised.listeners=EXTERNAL://<networkB>:9093,INTERNAL://<networkA>:9092
inter.broker.listener.name=INTERNAL
listener.security.protocol.map=EXTERNAL:PLAINTEXT,INTERNAL:PLAINTEXT

Then you should be able to use <networkB>:9093 as your bootstrap.servers
from outside the network or <networkA>:9092 from inside.

Obviously the EXTERNAL listener should be EXTERNAL:SSL in production.

Hope this helps,

Tom Aley
thomas.aley@ibm.com

From:   "周正虎" <yz...@126.com>
To:     users@kafka.apache.org
Date:   21/05/2018 23:59
Subject:        Kafka behind NAT

We have kafka behind NAT with *only one broker*.
Let say we have internal (A) and external (B) network.

When we try to reach the broker from external network (we use
bootstrap.servers parameter set to B address) then what is obvious the
broker responds with internal network's address (A) which is not
resolvable
in external network. We cannot set advertised.listeners to external
network's address because the broker is also used from internal network.

I hope that somebody dealt with simillar problem.
Thanks for any help.

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.