Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Zhenyu Zheng <zh...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/08 07:42:12 UTC

[Bigtop] Some question about build Hadoop on AArch64

Hi Bigtop:

I'm trying to build Hadoop on ARM64 platform and I've meet some problem
related to protobuf 2.5.0 seems it does not build on ARM64, and there is an
issue in Hadoop about this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13363 which has not yet been
solved. But I noticed that Bigtop has successfuly built Hadoop 2.8.5 on
ARM64, eg.
https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/COMPONENTS=hadoop,OS=ubuntu-16.04-aarch64/
so
I'm quite curious how bigtop solved this problem?

Thanks in advance

Kevin Zheng

Re: [Bigtop] Some question about build Hadoop on AArch64

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Just making sure, so my next question then is what the story for arm64 container builds are.... and wether or not we need different base images (I assume we do).

That said I think you *can* build arm images on an x86 based computer as long as you set up the docket image correctly... and the original poster wasn’t able to build on Arm, so must be a subtle missing piece in our container builds.?

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Since bigtop 1.4 we have all things integrated at gradlew and its easier to
build/test on docker. See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Quickstart+Guide%3A+Bigtop+Integration+Test+Framework+2.0

Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> 於 2019年7月9日 週二 04:05 寫道:

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi Jay,

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi

Posted by Yuqi Gu <yu...@linaro.org>.
Hi Kevin,

Protobuf-2.5 will be built in bigtop_toolchain.
See : BIGTOP-2698 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2698>

Bigtop Hadoop debian package also depends on utils, groovy and jsvc:
docker run -v `pwd`:/ws bigtop/slaves:1.4.0-ubuntu-16.04-aarch64 bash -l -c
'cd /ws ; gradle bigtop-utils-deb bigtop-groovy-deb bigtop-jsvc-deb
hadoop-deb'

BRs,
Yuqi

Posted by Zhenyu Zheng <zh...@gmail.com>.