Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/04 18:09:30 UTC

Re: patches to parse-metatag plugin to save mutliValues

Hi Kiran,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM, kiran chitturi
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Thank you for your inputs. I am gonna try to start working on the plugin to
> make it work for 2.x branches.

Great

> I have noticed that the current released version is 2.1 and i am wondering
> which version should i start working on?  2.0 or 2.1 ?

If you could begin work on the source available at the following link
that would be excellent.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/2.x/

thank you

Lewis

Re: patches to parse-metatag plugin to save mutliValues

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the help. I am almost done with patching up parse-metatags
plugin I made another post about the plugin and multipleValues in metadata.

I will also check other plugins and see if they need any fixes. The patch
you made might be enough. I will check it out again in eclipse.

Regards,
Kiran.

--
Kiran Chitturi

Re: patches to parse-metatag plugin to save mutliValues

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran,

--
Lewis

Re: patches to parse-metatag plugin to save mutliValues

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran,

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

This is the problem i observed with few of the plugins as i have explained
in my last email. They use code which is compatible with 1.5 but not with
2.0. Right now, i am almost done with porting parse-metatags and
index-metadata to nutch 2.x. I can look in to other plugins after this to
fix the code.

Regards,
Kiran.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <

--
Kiran Chitturi

Re: patches to parse-metatag plugin to save mutliValues

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran,

--
Lewis

Re: patches to parse-metatag plugin to save mutliValues

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

I am checking out the 2.x branch in eclipse and i came across some errors
in the plugins. The errors show some classes that are used in plugins and
are not present in 2.x
*
*
*SWFParser.java*
org.apache.nutch.util.LogUtil

*ZipParser.java, ZipTextExtractor.java, TextExtParser.java,
**FeedIndexingFilter.java,
FeedParser.java, TestFeedParser.java, TestZipParser.java, ExtParser.java *(
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/2.x/src/java/org/apache/nutch/parse/
)
import org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseData;
import org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseImpl;
import org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseResult;
import org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseStatus;
import org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseText;

*TestExtParser.java, FeedIndexingFilter.java, TestFeedParser.java,
TestZipParser.java, TestSWFParser.java (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/2.x/src/java/org/apache/nutch/crawl/
)*

--
Kiran Chitturi