Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Masin, Valerie" <VJ...@docharbor.com> on 2007/04/11 21:35:35 UTC

[AXIS2] How to deploy service without .aar

Hello,
I need to have some of my .class files live in the web-inf/classes
directory since other non-axis apps use them. I would prefer to not have
to put some of them there and the rest in the .aar so I would like to
put them all in web-inf/classes. I tried not using the .aar at all but
couldn't figure out how to let axis know what service was supported.
Then I tried putting only the manifest and services.xml in the .aar and
having the rest be in web-inf/classes. When I do this the webserver
complains on startup that it can't find my MessageReceiver for each
service in services.xml. (Strangely, though, despite these errors I am
able to access my service.)

What is the right way to deploy an axis2 app without an .aar.
And while I am on the subject, since there are a lot of axis files that
need to be deployed into one's webapp, what is the best approach to
combine one's own files with the axis files into a single war? Should I
just add my files to the axis war?

Invalid service  docHarborWebServices.aar due to Processing
Operations Modules ClassNotFoundException Error in loading
message receiver
com.docharbor.webservices.DocHarborServicesMessageReceiverInOut;
nested exception is:
 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.docharbor.webservices.DocHarborServicesMessageReceiverInOut;

Thanks, Valerie

RE: [AXIS2] How to deploy service without .aar

Posted by "Masin, Valerie" <VJ...@docharbor.com>.
Voila, you have answered my question. I didn't realize I needed to
create a directory with my servicename in the services directory with
the meta-inf under it. Thanks

Posted by Alistair Young <al...@smo.uhi.ac.uk>.

--
mov eax,1