Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by David Garcia <da...@spiceworks.com> on 2016/10/11 15:27:43 UTC

broker upgrade

Hello, we are going to be upgrading the instance types of our brokers.  We will shut them down, upgrade, and the restart them.  All told, they will be down for about 15 minutes.  Upon restart, is there anything we need to do other than run preferred leader election?  The brokers will start to catch up on their own right?  How long should it take for them to catch up (in terms of how long they are down).  I would assume it would be less than 15 minutes.

Any tips are appreciated.  I’ve been looking at this: http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#basic_ops_restarting

-David