Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2021/02/06 19:29:49 UTC

Re: Open Office Frozen Need assistance immediately

On Sat, 6 Feb 2021 13:04:27 -0600
Kate <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My open office program will not save a new file into PDF.. there is a window screen that keeps asking if I want to re open it or close..
>
> I am needing immediate assistance, and could not find your number to call..
> Please have customer support reach out to me so that we can trouble shoot together.
>
> Thanks much,
> Kate
> 505 670-8456

OpenOffice is a free program and in consequence can afford no customer support lines; this mailing list is manned by volunteers in their own time, on a pro bono basis.

Is the "Reopen or Close" message actually a "Recover or Close" message when you start OpenOffice?  If so, this is an indication that OpenOffice and the file were improperly closed on a previous use, perhaps by a program or computer crash, or perhaps by over hasty close down of the computer, before the OpenOffice housekeeping information had been written to disk. If the message is the "Recover or Close" message then select Recover and OpenOffice will attempt to recover the file.  If it is unable to do so, press Cancel, then open a backup or previously Saved version of the file.  It should then be able to /File /Export as PDF.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>