Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 13:49:21 UTC

WS binding entryPoint without WSDL

Should it be possible to have an entryPoint using the WS binding without a
pre-generated WSDL document?

Axis2 has the ability to automatically generate a WSDL document at runtime
based on the service interface, so if the entryPoint is using
interface.javainstead of
interface.wsdl then really there doesn't need to be an existing WSDL
document does there?

You could have something like this:

    <entryPoint name="AccountService">
        <interface.java interface="
org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.assembly.tests.bigbank.account.services.account.AccountService
"/>
        <binding.ws/>
        <reference>AccountServiceComponent</reference>
    </entryPoint>

or perhaps allow changing the default path the service is exposed at with
something like <binding.ws path="services/MyAccountService"/>

   ...ant

Re: WS binding entryPoint without WSDL

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> Should it be possible to have an entryPoint using the WS binding without a
> pre-generated WSDL document?

Yes :-)

> Axis2 has the ability to automatically generate a WSDL document at runtime
> based on the service interface, so if the entryPoint is using
> interface.javainstead of
> interface.wsdl then really there doesn't need to be an existing WSDL
> document does there?

No. In this scenarion by definition there is no existing WSDL so
generating one from the Java would be a good thing to do. We may need to
add annotations to the Java or extensions to binding.ws to allow the
user to tweak this (presuming they don't want to generate a permanent WSDL).

> You could have something like this:
>
>     <entryPoint name="AccountService">
>         <interface.java interface="
> org.apache.tuscany.binding.axis2.assembly.tests.bigbank.account.services.account.AccountService
> "/>
>         <binding.ws/>
>         <reference>AccountServiceComponent</reference>
>     </entryPoint>
>
> or perhaps allow changing the default path the service is exposed at with
> something like <binding.ws path="services/MyAccountService"/>

As above, this would be one of several pieces of metadata associated
with the service.

--
Jeremy