Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2010/02/18 09:46:58 UTC

SMX releases roadmap

Hi all,

I would like to summarize the SMX releases next steps :

Step 1: 2010.01 Components Set
I upgraded servicemix-camel to use Camel 2.2.0 yesterday evening. All
unit tests are working fine but I'm going to perform some "real" tests
on SMX 3.3.2-SNAPSHOT and SMX 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
For this, I will upgrade SMX3 trunk to use 2010.01-SNAPSHOT components set.
Assigned: jbonofre
Deadline: 18th of February (today)
Release deadline: this week end - 20th of February (agree ?)

Step 1.1: Release SMX 3.3.2
As soon as 2010.01 components set is released, we can release SMX 3.3.2.
Assigned: jbonofre
Release deadline: next week - 24th of February (agree ?)

Step 2: Usage of Camel 2.2.0
I'm going to upgraded SMX4 NMR and features to use Camel 2.2.0. Gert has
already raised a bug with a patch for this upgrade. I'm going to apply
the patch and perform some tests.
Assigned: jbonofre
Deadline: 19th of February (tomorrow)

Step 3: Wait Felix 2.0.4 and Karaf 1.4.0
Before releasing NMR 1.2 and SMX 4.2, we have to wait Felix 2.0.4 and
Karaf 1.4.0.
Guillaume said to me yesterday that Felix 2.0.4 should be released today
and Karaf 1.4.0 this week end or next week.
@Guillaume, do you confirm ?

Step 4: Release NMR 1.1/SMX 4.2
The requirements to release SMX 4.2 are:
- have 2010.01 components set released
- have Felix 2.0.4 released
- have Karaf 1.4.0 released
As soon as we have these requirements, we can release NMR 1.1. Once NMR
1.1 is released, we can release SMX 4.2.
Assigned: team
Release deadline: 3rd of March (agree ?)

Is it fine for you ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying this topic, Chris.

+1 for the plan.

Lars

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Looks perfect to me.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

a new update

1/ Release 2010.01 Components
------------------------------
The stage release of 2010.01 Components has begun yesterday morning.
However, currently I'm stuck due to a nexus staging issue:
         [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-file/2010.01/servicemix-file-2010.01.jar.
Return code is: 502
So as soon as this issue will be solved (I hope it will be solved
quickly), I will complete the release stage and submit to vote.

2/ Release ServiceMix 3.3.2
----------------------------
I will release it just after the components vote closing.

3/ Release ServiceMix 4.2
--------------------------
Karaf 1.4 is now used by ServiceMix 4. So as soon as the components are
released, we can begin this release.

Regards
JB

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

a new daily update :)

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

quick update:

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré (Nanthrax)
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy Project Leader

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

quick new update:

Release 2010.01 Components
---------------------------

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
New update.

I saw an issue in the latest SMX4 snapshot:

> java.lang.Exception: Could not start bundle mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-pool/5.3.0 in feature(s) activemq-5.3.0: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.activemq.activemq-pool [122]: package; (&(package=org.apache.commons.pool.impl)(version>=1.4.0)(!(version>=1.5.0)))

It's "normal" as I haven't added commons-pool 1.4 in the features
descriptor (only 1.5.4 required by Camel).
So I gonna add commons-pool 1.4 (in addition of 1.5.4) in the SMX
features descriptor.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
---------------------------------
  HomePage
http://www.nanthrax.net
---------------------------------
  Contacts
jbonofre@apache.org
jb@nanthrax.net
---------------------------------
  OpenSource
BuildProcess/AutoDeploy
http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net
Apache ServiceMix
http://servicemix.apache.org
-----------------------------------
PGP : 17D4F086

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It's now more clear. Thanks Chris :)

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@googlemail.com>.
Just wondering because currently it is 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT :)

Lars

2010/2/18 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>:
> Hi Lars,
>
> If I have right understood, Guillaume talked about Karaf 1.4.0 yesterday.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong and in that case, replace all Karaf 1.4.0 by 1.3.0 :)
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> Lars Heinemann wrote:
>>
>> We talk about Karaf 1.3.0, right?
>>
>> Lars
>>

>> 2010/2/18 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to summarize the SMX releases next steps :
>>>
>>> Step 1: 2010.01 Components Set
>>> I upgraded servicemix-camel to use Camel 2.2.0 yesterday evening. All
>>> unit
>>> tests are working fine but I'm going to perform some "real" tests on SMX
>>> 3.3.2-SNAPSHOT and SMX 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>> For this, I will upgrade SMX3 trunk to use 2010.01-SNAPSHOT components
>>> set.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Deadline: 18th of February (today)
>>> Release deadline: this week end - 20th of February (agree ?)
>>>
>>> Step 1.1: Release SMX 3.3.2
>>> As soon as 2010.01 components set is released, we can release SMX 3.3.2.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Release deadline: next week - 24th of February (agree ?)
>>>
>>> Step 2: Usage of Camel 2.2.0
>>> I'm going to upgraded SMX4 NMR and features to use Camel 2.2.0. Gert has
>>> already raised a bug with a patch for this upgrade. I'm going to apply
>>> the
>>> patch and perform some tests.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Deadline: 19th of February (tomorrow)
>>>
>>> Step 3: Wait Felix 2.0.4 and Karaf 1.4.0
>>> Before releasing NMR 1.2 and SMX 4.2, we have to wait Felix 2.0.4 and
>>> Karaf
>>> 1.4.0.
>>> Guillaume said to me yesterday that Felix 2.0.4 should be released today
>>> and
>>> Karaf 1.4.0 this week end or next week.
>>> @Guillaume, do you confirm ?
>>>
>>> Step 4: Release NMR 1.1/SMX 4.2
>>> The requirements to release SMX 4.2 are:
>>> - have 2010.01 components set released
>>> - have Felix 2.0.4 released
>>> - have Karaf 1.4.0 released
>>> As soon as we have these requirements, we can release NMR 1.1. Once NMR
>>> 1.1
>>> is released, we can release SMX 4.2.
>>> Assigned: team
>>> Release deadline: 3rd of March (agree ?)
>>>
>>> Is it fine for you ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lars,

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@googlemail.com>.

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI, I have some test failures in 4.2 trunk that I am working on and I
have a couple of new issues that I would like to get into the release so
I'll try to start the release builds again tomorrow after I fix these
things.

Chris

--

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> [...]
>>> already raised a bug with a patch for this upgrade. I'm going to apply the
>>> patch and perform some tests.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Deadline: 19th of February (tomorrow)
>>>
>>> Step 3: Wait Felix 2.0.4 and Karaf 1.4.0
>>> Before releasing NMR 1.2 and SMX 4.2, we have to wait Felix 2.0.4 and
>>> Karaf 1.4.0.
>>> Guillaume said to me yesterday that Felix 2.0.4 should be released today
>>> and Karaf 1.4.0 this week end or next week.
>>> @Guillaume, do you confirm ?
>>>
>>> Step 4: Release NMR 1.1/SMX 4.2
>>> The requirements to release SMX 4.2 are:
>>> - have 2010.01 components set released
>>> - have Felix 2.0.4 released
>>> - have Karaf 1.4.0 released
>>> As soon as we have these requirements, we can release NMR 1.1. Once NMR
>>> 1.1 is released, we can release SMX 4.2.
>>> Assigned: team
>>> Release deadline: 3rd of March (agree ?)

>>> Regards

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
I'm actually working on NMR and Features releases today if time permits.
 Hoping to get builds done and a vote out tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.