Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Adam Jefferiss <aj...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/24 11:06:51 UTC

Traffic Server 3.0 disk usage

Hi all,

I've been using web-polygraph[1] to run some performance tests through
traffic server 3.0 and have noticed that compared to 2.0.1 the disk usage is
considerably higher on average, for example one run has 2.0.1 marked down at
18% disk usage on average while 3.0 is up to 50%.

I've got logging set to errors only to test to see if the transaction
logging was causing the problem, but without much difference between the
two. I've also effectively disabled the cache in storage.conf by setting the
cache size to 0, again without too much of a difference.

Is there anything obvious that I've missed?

We're looking at having traffic server replace our current proxy, but the
disk usage results are causing a few concerns.

Any information you guys you can point me towards would be great.

Thanks,
Adam

[1] http://www.web-polygraph.org

Re: Traffic Server 3.0 disk usage

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure I understand this.  The "cache" is supposed to run on raw disk
(preferred) or
on a preallocated file, so "disk usage" should be fixed.

john

Posted by Adam Jefferiss <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Billy Vierra <bv...@sortatechie.com>.