Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Shweta Singhai <sh...@ictect.com> on 2010/09/07 07:46:24 UTC

Problem using XSP pages

Hi All,

This is Shweta, I am new in cocoon, I configured cocoon block with maven
server ..and also with ant. For a simple block its working properly, but
when I create a xsp file and try to run same as  simple xml file , then its
not working, can any one tell me, is there any  special setting or
configuration require for xsp pages...??

Please help me in run and configuration of xsp pages.

Shweta Singhai

Technical Analyst

Ictect, Inc.

shweta.singhai@ictect.com

"The IMPOSSIBLE is often UNTRIED"

Re: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <j....@onehippo.com>.
On 7 September 2010 14:44, Shweta Singhai <sh...@ictect.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I Put this
>
> <map:generator name="serverpages"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
>

> in my sitemap, then its giving error :(
>
> error is:
>
> HTTP ERROR: 500
>
> Fatal error parsing
>
> file:///C:/DOCUME~1/sweta/LOCALS~1/Temp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_8888_webapp____4s5m8/b
> locks/custom-block/sitemap.xmap (line 19 col. 58): The prefix "map" for
> element "map:generator" is not bound.
>
> RequestURI=/custom-block/xspdemo

You probably haven't declared the XML namespace prefix map:

See http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_namespaces.asp
The URI is http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0

Jasha Joachimsthal

j.joachimsthal@onehippo.com - jasha@apache.org

www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 185 H Street, suite B, Petaluma CA 94952 +1
(707) 7734646

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by Shweta Singhai <sh...@ictect.com>.
Yup I have the same lines at the beginning of the sitemap....

I think I missed something,,,,,,can any other setting we have to done for
xsp pages?

The begining of the sitemap.xmap should looks like:
<map:sitemap xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0
http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/sitemap/cocoon-sitemap-1.0.xsd"
 xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

  <map:components>
    <map:generators>
      <map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
    </map:generators>
[...]
</map:sitemap>

Johan Cwiklinski
AJLSM

Re: Problem using XSP pages

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by Shweta Singhai <sh...@ictect.com>.
My <map:components> tag closed properly. Here is complete code for my
sitemap.xmap.
Please take a review.Let me know if there is any mistake????

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.
-->

<map:sitemap xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0
http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/sitemap/cocoon-sitemap-1.0.xsd"
 xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">

  <map:components>
    <map:generators default="file">
      <map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
    </map:generators>
	</map:components>

  <!--+
      | Definition of the control flow implementation.
      +-->
  <map:flow language="javascript"/>

  <map:pipelines>
    <!--+
        | Demo pipelines
        +-->

	  <map:pipeline id="demo">
      <!-- Simple demo, that show how Cocoon pipelines. -->
      <map:match pattern="">
        <!--+
            | Start generating SAX events inside the pipeline. In this case,
            | since no "type" attribute is specified, the default generator
            | is used and this is a regular XML parser that reads the
            | given file from the URL included in the "src" attribute and
            | sends the events produced by the parser down the pipeline to
            | be processed by the next stage.
            +-->
        <map:generate src="demo/welcome.xml"/>
        <!--+
            | This transformer gets the input SAX events and transforms them
            | using the default transformer (the XSLT transformer) thus
            | applying the XSLT stylesheet indicated in the "src" attribute
            | and sending the output down the pipeline to be processed by
the
            | next stage.
            +-->
        <map:transform src="demo/welcome.xslt"/>
        <!--+
            | The serializer concludes the SAX events journey into the
pipeline
            | since it serializes the events it receives into a
representation
            | depending on the serializer type. Here we choose the "XHMTL"
            | serializer, which will produce an XHTML representation of the
            | SAX stream.
            +-->
        <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
      </map:match>

	    <map:match pattern="spring-bean">
        <map:call function="demo"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>
	  <map:pipeline id="xspdemo">
		  <map:match pattern ="xspdemo">
			  <map:generate src ="xspdemo/hello.xsp"/>

			  <map:serialize type ="xml" />
		  </map:match>
	  </map:pipeline>

    <map:pipeline id="demo-internal" internal-only="true">
      <!-- This pipeline is invoked by the above flowscript. -->
      <map:match pattern="screens/spring-bean">
        <map:generate src="demo/spring-bean.jx.xml" type="jx"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <!--+
        | Default pipelines
        +-->
    <map:pipeline id="internal-resource" internal-only="true">
      <!-- Put matchers for internal (accessible only to Cocoon blocks)
resources here
        More details:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
      <map:match pattern="resource/internal/**">
        <map:read src="resource/internal/{1}"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <map:pipeline id="external-resource">
      <!-- Put matchers for external (accessible to the outside world, e.g.
browser) resources here.
        More details:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
      <map:match pattern="resource/external/**">
        <map:read src="resource/external/{1}"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <map:pipeline id="service">
      <!-- Put your servlet service matchers here.
        More details:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
    </map:pipeline>
  </map:pipelines>

Posted by Gaurav Kalia <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Can you check that all the tags are closed. If you look at the error it
is saying

map:components must be terminated by the matching
end-tag"</map:components>"

> Fatal error parsing
> file:///C:/DOCUME~1/sweta/LOCALS~1/Temp/Jetty_0_0_0_0_8888_webapp____4s5m8/b
> locks/custom-block/sitemap.xmap (line 118 col. 3): The element type
> "map:components" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
> "</map:components>".

Thanks
Gaurav

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by Gaurav Kalia <ga...@techblue.co.uk>.
Hi Shweta

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Actually where I need to put this line, means at which place in
sitemap.xmap.

Le 07/09/2010 14:12, Shweta Singhai a écrit :
> When I try
>

> <map:serialize type="xml"/> in my sitemap.xmap
>

> Then my browser showing:
>
> As Output of xsp page. But I think its not a proper output. I don't know
> where I did mistake. Can any one tell me please.

Looks like your XSP page is simply read, not executed.

If you have properly build the XSP block (that is no longer shipped as
default in cocoon 2.2), maybe you have missed to declare the generator?

You should have added something like the following in your sitemap.xmap:
<map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

> Thanks,
>
> Shweta

Johan Cwiklinski
AJLSM

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this
message and any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.

www.wipro.com

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by su...@wipro.com.
Hi Shweta,

You should put this line under <map:components> tag.

Suyog Uttam Doshi
Senior Software Engineer

Wipro Technologies
Plot No.31,MIDC,
Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park,
Hinjewadi,Phase II,
Pune- 411057. India
Tel:+91-20-39105229;
Extn.5229 Direct: +91-20-39105229;
Mobile:+91- 9970320066
suyog.doshi@wipro.com
www.wipro.com

Actually where I need to put this line, means at which place in
sitemap.xmap.

Le 07/09/2010 14:12, Shweta Singhai a écrit :
> When I try
>

> <map:serialize type="xml"/> in my sitemap.xmap
>

> Then my browser showing:
>
> As Output of xsp page. But I think its not a proper output. I don't know
> where I did mistake. Can any one tell me please.

Looks like your XSP page is simply read, not executed.

If you have properly build the XSP block (that is no longer shipped as
default in cocoon 2.2), maybe you have missed to declare the generator?

You should have added something like the following in your sitemap.xmap:
<map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

> Thanks,
>
> Shweta

Johan Cwiklinski
AJLSM

www.wipro.com

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by Shweta Singhai <sh...@ictect.com>.
Actually where I need to put this line, means at which place in
sitemap.xmap.

Le 07/09/2010 14:12, Shweta Singhai a écrit :
> When I try
>

> <map:serialize type="xml"/> in my sitemap.xmap
>

> Then my browser showing:
>
> As Output of xsp page. But I think its not a proper output. I don’t know
> where I did mistake. Can any one tell me please.

Looks like your XSP page is simply read, not executed.

If you have properly build the XSP block (that is no longer shipped as
default in cocoon 2.2), maybe you have missed to declare the generator?

You should have added something like the following in your sitemap.xmap:
<map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

> Thanks,
>
> Shweta

Johan Cwiklinski
AJLSM

RE: Problem using XSP pages

Le 07/09/2010 14:12, Shweta Singhai a écrit :
> When I try
>

> <map:serialize type="xml"/> in my sitemap.xmap
>

> Then my browser showing:
>
> As Output of xsp page. But I think its not a proper output. I don’t know
> where I did mistake. Can any one tell me please.

Looks like your XSP page is simply read, not executed.

If you have properly build the XSP block (that is no longer shipped as
default in cocoon 2.2), maybe you have missed to declare the generator?

You should have added something like the following in your sitemap.xmap:
<map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

> Thanks,
>
> Shweta

Johan Cwiklinski
AJLSM

Re: Problem using XSP pages

Posted by Johan Cwiklinski <jo...@ajlsm.com>.
Hi,

Le 07/09/2010 14:12, Shweta Singhai a écrit :
> When I try
>

> <map:serialize type="xml"/> in my sitemap.xmap
>

> Then my browser showing:
>
> As Output of xsp page. But I think its not a proper output. I don’t know
> where I did mistake. Can any one tell me please.

Looks like your XSP page is simply read, not executed.

If you have properly build the XSP block (that is no longer shipped as
default in cocoon 2.2), maybe you have missed to declare the generator?

You should have added something like the following in your sitemap.xmap:
<map:generator name="serverpages"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

> Thanks,
>
> Shweta

Johan Cwiklinski
AJLSM