Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by pepe3059 <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/29 02:33:24 UTC

too few db_fetched

Hello, I'm Jose, i have one question and i hope you can help me

I have nutch-1.4 and I'm crawling the web from a country (mx), for that
reason i changed regex-urlfilter to add the correct regex. the second param
changed in nutch script was
the java heap amount because an error of memory space. Well my question is
because i am doing a crawling with depth 2 to two sites(seed) but i get so
few sites fetched. the result of readdb is below
TOTAL urls:	653
retry 0:	653
min score:	0.0
avg score:	0.0077212863
max score:	1.028
status 1 (db_unfetched):	504
status 2 (db_fetched):	139
status 3 (db_gone):	4
status 4 (db_redir_temp):	4
status 5 (db_redir_perm):	2
CrawlDb statistics: done

in some other posts i saw they changed "protocol-httpclient" for
"protocol-http" in nutch-site.xml but is the same with the two protocols. I
did a -dump from crawldb and verify manually some db_unfetched urls to see
if those are unavailable but are correct and with content, no robots.txt are
present in servers. What must i do to get more url's fetched?

sorry for my english, thank you

Re: too few db_fetched

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
 Short anwer: continue crawling!

 When going to crawl a large amount of records i wouldn't encourage you
 to use the crawl command. It's better to build a small shell script that
 repeats the crawl cycle over and over.

 Remember, the depth parameter is nothing more than a crawl cycle
 exectuted twice! You'll never get far with two cycles.

Re: too few db_fetched

Posted by pepe3059 <pe...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answers. remi tassing you can increase de java heap used
by Nutch modifying the variable "JAVA_HEAP_MAX=-Xmx1000m" included in the
script bin/nutch, 1gb is currently assigned.

Another question for my problem is: I know mapred is used by default. I read
in one post that map and reduce tasks can interfere with the fetch process,
is that correct? where can i found information related with the status codes
or different values dumped by readdb?, i got information from one url with
the follow values

http://cca.inegi.org.mx/en-contacto/foro-del-cca	Version: 7
Fetch time: Tue Feb 28 17:11:55 CST 2012
Modified time: Wed Dec 31 18:00:00 CST 1969
Retries since fetch: 0
Retry interval: 2592000 seconds (30 days)
Score: 0.030734694
Signature: null
Metadata:

thank you