Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Matthew S. Cramer" <ms...@armstrong.com> on 2006/12/13 21:43:45 UTC

using "report" in userpref sql table

I'm using the latest SpamAssassin, 3.1.7, with perl 5.8.8 with Slack
11.0,  MySQL 5.0.24a, DBD-mysql-3.0008, DBI-1.53.

I should also mention I am using MIMEDefang to call the
Mail::SpamAssassin routines versus running spamc and spamd, but my
question (I believe) is independent of that usage.

I tested the standard userpref table and was able to store settings
for "report" for a user with a single line value.  However the
standard loading of userprefs from the table doesn't give me a way to
ORDER BY things like "report" which will have multiple entries but for
which the order DOES matter (unlike, say, a list of whitelist_from's).

So I just want to make sure I am on the right track, because I see two

* Some way encode my line breaks for my "report" into a giant long
line (yuck, unless there is some cool automagical way to do this in
MySQL).

* Create a custom query in SA and have another column which I can use
as "line number" for ORDER BY after I sort %GLOBAL, users, etc.

If anyone else is storing different reports in userpref SQL tables and
has some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Matt

--
Matthew S. Cramer <ms...@armstrong.com>          Office: 717-396-5032
Project Manager, Planning and Service Management    Fax:    717-396-5590