Posted to user@ant.apache.org by M Nair <ma...@mediaone.net> on 2001/05/15 18:39:05 UTC

Another newbie question

Hello:

Currently using make I do the following. Can someone help me to
accomplish the same using ANT?

(a) RunUtil `ls com/abccorp/myproj/*.class`
What I am trying to do here is to execute the RunUtil program for all
the files with the .class extension in the com/abccorp/myproj directory.
How is the same possible using ANT? This script will also be run on an
NT environment.

(b) for i in `cat myfiles.txt` ; do \
    RunAnotherUtil $$i ; \
    done ;
    Here, I am trying to run the RunAnotherUtil program for all records
in the myfiles.txt file.

(c) Register -a `ls com/abccorp/myproj/*/*.class | sed -e "s/\//./g" -e
"s/.class//"`
Here, I am running the register utility on all the files with the .class
extension with the /'s replaced with '.' and the .class at the end gets
replaces with ''.

All the above scripts currently run well within 'make' running on a
Solaris environment. How can the same be modified so as to run on an NT
environment?

any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Manoj Nair