Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by archa <ar...@persistent.co.in> on 2011/05/12 06:43:34 UTC

Native Clustering in ActiveMQ

We are using Activemq 5.2 with journaledJDBC using DB2 database. Is Native
Clustering possible with ActiveMQ ?

Re: Native Clustering in ActiveMQ

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
You want your master slave to use "master/slave"
then you tell your clients about the failover, also look at these pages:

http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html

http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html (Since you mentioned DB2)

http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

Note the

This is new in version 5.4:

Down on the page as well.

Cheers!

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
That goes in the clients connector.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Oh,

Yes, then you are on the right track.
ActiveMQ supports 3 models.

Memory (Don't use this)
Disk (Use this for speed, niceness and whatnot else)
JDBC (It'll be slow)

/je

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
Clustering so to say kinda sorta goes against the JMS
spec, the idea is to get messages from A->B as quickly as possible.

There are HA solutions for stability and you can use networks
of brokers to provide scalability but the idea of "clustering" messages,
i.e replicating messages stores is kinda sorta counter to the target use-case
of messaging?

Or did I completely miss what you are asking?