Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> on 2011/07/01 00:42:10 UTC

Apache CMS and Multiple Templates

I am curious about how to have multiple templates with Markdown.

It looks like it requires work with "our @patterns" in lib/path.pm

I looked at the path.pm for www.apache.org and it is a clue.

Suppose we had a subdirectory called ooo where we want a different look and feel. Is the following a reasonable change to path.pm?

    [qr!/ooo/*\.mdtext$!, single_narrative => { template => "ooo_narrative.html" }],
    [qr!\.mdtext$!, single_narrative => { template => "single_narrative.html" }],

Then in templates.
	ooo_narrative.html is {% extends "ooo_template.html" %}
and
	ooo_template.html is the page template for the ooo subdirectory.

Regards,
Dave

Re: Apache CMS and Multiple Templates

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

On Jun 30, 2011, at 3:47 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Yes but then your templates need to have {% block %}

You mean like the following in skeleton.html?

    {% block content %}{{ content|markdown }}{% endblock %}

> declarations for the inheritance to work.  Basically
> if you've ever programmed in django you have the full
> power of it available to you (in perl).  Instead of
> thinking of the site as static, think of it as dynamic
> with auto-caching turned on.  You really only lack
> form input / query string handling, but on a basic
> level that's doable with cgi scripts.

And javascript.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.